BARE MINERALS LOOSE POWDER ORIGINAL FOUNDATION is my choice when it comes to loose powder foundations.
Their iconic loose powder foundation was one of the first to become mainstream when mineral foundation was first launched.
Nowadays, you can find many types of mineral foundations but this is one of the originals! For reference, you can find other reviews on alternative mineral foundations on the Best Mineral Foundations page here.
The Bare Minerals Original Loose Powder Foundation has gone from strength to strength and now offers 28 shades to include colours and undertones ranging from fair to very dark in all undertones.
What are the main ingredients?
Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides and Mica make up the full ingredients of this foundation. It is a natural sun protector and the minerals give it a luminous appearance, covering imperfections naturally without drying out the skin.
This foundation gives a sheer coverage but is buildable to full. You have complete control over the coverage of this foundation and it gives a subtle luminous glow, which will benefit those with mature skin. Saying that, a ‘glow from the inside’ look is flattering for every age.
Is it Cruelty Free and Vegan?
Yes, it is 100 percent cruelty free and is now suitable for vegans. It is also gluten free, talc free and contains no SLS or synthetic fragrances.
Who is this product ideal for?
This product is great for normal to oilier skin types and for those looking for a non toxic alternative to their standard foundation. It gives a matte finish but the minerals give a subtle glow as mentioned.
Does it have a good colour range?
A range of 28 colours are available for every skin tone from light to very dark in all undertones from cool to warm to neutral.
Here are a list of the colours available 1- 28 shades;
1. FAIR- For the fairest porcelain skin with pink undertones
2. FAIR IVORY-For fair skin, with neutral undertones
3. FAIRLY LIGHT- For porcelain-to-light skin with neutral undertones
4. GOLDEN FAIR or the fairest porcelain skin with yellow-olive undertones.
5. FAIRLY MEDIUM- For light-to-medium skin with pink undertones
6. NEUTRAL IVORY- For light skin, with neutral undertones
7. GOLDEN IVORY For light skin, with neutral to warm undertones
8. LIGHT- For light skin with yellow-olive undertones
9. LIGHT BEIGE- For light to medium skin with cool undertones
10. MEDIUM- For medium skin with pink undertones
011. SOFT MEDIUM- For light skin with cool to neutral undertones
12. MEDIUM BEIGE- For medium skin with neutral undertones
013. GOLDEN BEIGE-For light to medium skin with neutral to warm undertones
14. GOLDEN MEDIUM- For medium skin with yellow-olive undertones
015. NEUTRAL MEDIUM- For medium skin with neutral undertone
16. GOLDEN NUDE- For medium to tan skin, with neutral to warm undertone
017. TAN NUDE- For medium to tan skin, with warm undertone
18. MEDIUM TAN- For medium-to-tan skin with rosy undertones
019. TAN- For tan skin with neutral undertones
20. GOLDEN TAN-For medium-to-tan skin with subtle yellow-olive undertones
021. NEUTRAL TAN-For tan skin, with neutral undertone
22. WARM TAN- For tan skin with deep yellow-olive undertones
23. MEDIUM DARK- For dark skin with neutral undertones
024. NEUTRAL DARK- For dark skin, with neutral undertone
25. GOLDEN DARK-For dark skin with subtle yellow-olive undertones
027. WARM DEEP- For deepest skin with intense yellow-olive undertones
29. NEUTRAL DEEP- For dark to deep skin, with warm undertone
030. DEEPEST DEEP- For the deepest skin with neutral undertones
- Great for a range of skin types from sensitive, to acne prone to mature
- Has an SPF 15
- Non toxic
- Vegan Friendly
- Cruelty free
- SPF is only 15.
- It’s not great for travel due to it being loose powder.
- Slightly pricier than others on the high street.
- No specific anti ageing benefits
This is my personal pick, however, please don’t just take my word for it. Go over to Amazon and check out the reviews for yourself.
Silver Styling is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and Reward Style influencer program. Both are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and Rewardstyle.com